Pro-Life Kelburne 5s Beat Uddingston 5s

Pro-Life Kelburne Mens 5s Beat Uddingston 5s - 18.2.17

The young Kelburne 5s team took to the pitch at On-X Linwood looking to build on last weeks victory. The side were bolstered by the additions of Dick Donaldson and Don Tervit. The young Kelburne side started on the back foot as the Uddingston adults pushed them back into defence. With lots of possession Uddingston pushed forward and after 5 minutes won a free hit just outside the area which came to nothing. On the left hand side some good play between youngsters Sam Hunt and Aaron O'Hear helped relieve the pressure. In the centre of midfield Dick Donaldson was working hard and winning lots of balls which helped restrict Uddingston to firing the ball into the area from distance. From one of these balls Uddingston won the first short corner of the game in 9 minutes but great work from Willie Hunt cleared the danger. Uddingston continued to push forward but resolute defending from Scott Peters and Ryan Wood kept shots on target to a minimum. Kelburnes first real chance came after 20 minutes when great work from Fergus Noble fired the ball into the area but Aaron O'Hear was unlucky not to get his shot on target. This lifted the Kelburne spirits and after 30 minutes Dick Donaldson and Don Tervit combined to find Ian McIntyre in the area and he coolly slotted the ball past the keeper to put Kelburne into the lead. As the clock ticked down to halftime Uddingston won a second penalty corner from which Matthew Retson made a great save to preserve Kelburnes lead. HT ProLife Kelburne 1-0 Uddingston 5s After a good team talk from Willie Hunt at halftime the young Kelburne 5s came out and pushed Uddingston into defence. From the start Kelburne had the ball in the area but Uddingston managed to clear. At the other end Scott Peters made a timely clearance. Great work from Aaron O'Hear won Kelburnes first short corner of the game and a good shot from Don Tervit went narrowly wide. Kelburne created several good chances with Fergus Noble causing problems down the right hand side and firing balls into the area with Callum Brown unlucky not to get on the end of one. Roc Hart and Callum Stewart were playing well in midfield and Callum Jamieson was pushing forward. With 10 minutes to go Uddingston pushed forward in search of an equaliser with Kelburne defending deeper and hitting on the break. Matthew Retson stood tall in goals and a clearance from Kelburne found Jack Nelson who controlled the ball and forced the keeper into a good save. With 2 minutes remaining Uddingston won a short corner but the Kelburne defence were quick and cleared to Jack Nelson in the Uddingston area. Once again Jack controlled the ball well and forced another good save from the keeper. Kelburne celebrated a second victory as the full time whistle blew.

FT ProLife Kelburne 1-0 Uddingston 5s

A good and hard fought victory for the young team - next week they face East Kilbride 3s at Glasgow Green with a 12 o'clock pushback.