Q-bikes Kelburne 2s make it 6 point weekend

Q-bikes Kelburne 2s vs Clydesdale 2s

Kelburne come into this game after claiming an invaluable 3 points against current league leaders who had been unbeaten, Watsonians.

Next for Kelburne was a young Clydesdale team who were only beaten by a 1-0 score line in the reverse fixture. The game started pretty evenly and both sides had their different styles of play. Kelburne were the ones on the front foot however dictating the tempo of the game and keeping the majority of possession through the ever-lasting trio in midfield of Matt Mcginlay, Connor Bain and Ewan Carmichael. Kelburne created the first few chances making the keeper make some saves and their hard work wasn't in vein as it was Kelburne who broke the deadlock. With great off the ball movement from young guns; Ross Wallace and Fin Halliday created space in the Clydesdale D for Connor Bain to have time for a shot the rocketed past the keeper at his near post. 1-0

This gave Clydesdale the wake up they needed and started to get to grips with the tempo of the game making the Kelburne defence work a lot harder and create a few chances of their own. With Fergus Barrows in goals for Kelburne, coming off the back of a great performance against watsonians, was still in the same mood and for kelburnes' sake was fortunate as he kept the Clydesdale attack at bay for the time being. Kelburne were trying to keep the game under control with good possession round the back, Fraser Scott taking control of the tempo and making sure team mates; Mark Connor, Stuart Robin and Will Adams were doing the same. The next goal however came from the away side, Kelburne switching off for one minute which included a sloppy tackle that lead to a free hit and a well worked move for the away side to draw level right on the stroke of half time.1-1

HT Q-bikes Kelburne 2s 1-1 Clydesdale 2s

The second half started as the first with Kelburne seeing more of the ball and moving it around just waiting for the gaps to finally open. Again they were rewarded when E.Carmichael picked up the ball in the centre of midfield who found JG Shepherd in space and with quick two touch hockey M.Mcginlay found himself in the D and with slight confusion from the away side the ball bounced along to C.Bain who once again found the net. Kelburne had their lead back. 2-1

It didn't take long before they then found a 3rd then a 4th with F.Halliday at the top of the D shooting on his favourable reverse stick side leaving the keeper with no chance and scoring his first (but it's sure won't be the last) 2s goal of the season. And the 4th coming from quick pass and move that all started from Martin Bryne winning the ball in defence and Kelburne getting up the pitch so quickly through M.Mcginlay who again was in space who unselfishly passed the ball across the keeper for an easy tap in for Ross Wallace 4-1 Kelburne with a great weekend getting 6/6 points and points the title charge well back on track which is exactly what they needed after what many would say was a "hic cup" in the two league games previous to the weekend.

FT Q-bikes Kelburne 2s 4-1 Clydesdale 2s