Bromac Kelburne 1s progress to National Champions Trophy Final

Bromac Kelburne Vs Western Wildcats

After a scrappy 4-1 victory at Auchenhowie, Kelburne were hoping to put in a better team performance and Western had left themselves a lot of work if they wanted any chance of reaching the final.

The game started with Kelburne dictating play and giving western very little time on the ball. With lots of balls being nailed into the western circle it was just a matter of time before Kelburne got a goal. The continued pressure appeared too much for western and after 10 minutes Kelburne had won a short corner. With Josh spinning into the circle, leaving a lovely set up for Ben Peterson to flick it off the keepers pads into the goal. 1-0 (5-1 agg.).

The goal had made Kelburne settle which gave Western a chance to get themselves back into the game. The Kelburne side appeared to have lost their intensity and were struggling to link well as a team. Western managed to win several short corners but never managed to get the ball by the Australian keeper, Ben Rennie.

The half ended 1-0 (5-1 agg.) and both teams weren't happy with their performances. After a few words from injured captain Jonathan Christie, Kelburne started the half similar to the first. Great passing play from Micheal Christie and Christopher Nelson in midfield to give the ball to the forward Jack McKenzie and Ben Peterson who passed it between them to put it in the goal. 2-0 (6-1 agg.). Western weren't for giving up and were still trying to push high up the pitch. This leading to lots of hard tackles coming in from both teams.

After a diving tackle from Josh Cairns the umpire deemed it a foul giving J.Cairns a green card. While Kelburne were down to 10 men Western tried hard to take advantage. Unfortunately it wasn't till J.Cairns returned to the game they got the opportunity. Some individual skill from westerns Rob Harwood created space for Johnny MacDonald to slip it into the goal. 2-1 (6-2 agg.)

Kelburne managed to pick up the pace which Western started to struggle with. After Fraser Calder receiving a yellow card for Western Jack McKenzie took no time on taking the opportunity to manipulate the space and score a fantastic reverse high into the western goal. Gavin Sommerville had no chance. 3-1 (7-2 agg.). The game started to become very end to end and both teams struggling to gain any control. With both teams trying to gain some structure Lee Morton managed to create some space to pass the ball to Gary Maitles who enjoyed scoring passed his old team. 4-1 (8-2 agg.).

Unfortunately, this didn't appear to settle the game and after some umpiring decisions Ben Peterson completely lost his cool and received a yellow card for a chopping tackle on Adam McKenzie. After receiving his yellow, he was lucky not to receive a red card for his petulance leaving the pitch. This put Kelburne on the back foot but Western were unable to utilise in open play but were rewarded with a penalty flick. Scott McCartney on his last game for Western stepped up and put it away. 4-2 (8-3 agg.). Shortly after that the final whistle blew.

Final score- Bromac Kelburne 4-2 Western Wildcats (8-3 on aggregate)