Men's 2s finish league unbeaten

Kelburne        8

Grange           0

Kelburne concluded their league campaign with a home game against Grange 3s. Once again it was a much changed squad, 1st XI goalkeeper Andrew Wilkie enjoyed a run outfield, and Luke Horton stepped up to make his debut.

Any fears of a repeat from yesterday were quashed after 3 mins when Adam McInnes scored with a straight strike from a penalty corner. Kelburne nearly added a second soon after; Wilkie gallivanted up the right, exchanged passes with Horton, before freeing Andrew Duff to play a  give-and-go  with Andrew Bremner, which created a great opportunity, which was unfortunately squandered. Two minutes later Duff made amends, bulleting a fantastic reverse strike past the goalkeeper after great work from Matt McGinley. After eight minutes it was 3-0; Debutant Horton on hand to sweep home after Scott Sutherland was able to run along the baseline.

McInnes doubled his tally from another short corner. His straight strike almost saved by the unfortunate keeper, but the rebound bouncing in with the help of a deflection. 4-0. Not wanting to be left out Bremner was next to register; deflecting home yet another McGinley assist. 5-0. Just before half time, Horton was unlucky not double his tally, as he deflected narrowly wide from a Sutherland through-ball. HT 5-0.

League champions Kelburne started the second half well, Sutherland won the ball on the left, found Fraser Scott who transferred the ball to Wilkie in space. His pass was then deflected high past the despairing 'keeper, and unfortunately just past the post by Bremner.

Bremner was not to denied for long: Harry Godfrey won possession with a tenatious tackle, played a 1-2 with Conner Bain and ran deep into the opposition half, passing to Fraser Scott, who then used great skill to bamboozle two players. Scott played in Bremner who turned the 'keeper inside out to score. 6-0.

Horton's energy was causing problems for Grange and he was involved in an exchange with Bremner which allowed Duff to notch his second. 7-0.

The scoring was completed as Sutherland despatched a drag flick from a penalty corner after Horton, Duff, and Bremner had drawn the set piece. Full time 8-0.

Once again, thanks to Luke Horton and Andrew Wilkie for stepping up, and proving some much needed energy!