Men's 2s do the double

Kelburne             1

Clydesale            1

Kelburne win 3-1 on pens.

Despite the trials and tribulation that Kelburne had been through they had made it to the District Cup final. The weeks before had seen lots of team members picking up injuries but all managed to piece themselves together for the cup final. A nervous but excited Kelburne team arrived at Glasgow Green on a scorching Sunday morning. It was obvious during the warm up both teams were motivated by the occasion. Due to league results Kelburne had to guard complacency as Clydesdale would be out for revenge on the big stage.       

Even though Kelburne started by pushing Clydesdale back into there own half due to the occasion they couldn?t create any chances. Clydesdale did have a few breaks and opportunities but again nerves seemed to stifle their ability to convert. As the half developed Clydesdale started to make more opportunities using long balls out of hope rather than expectation. However this was creating some success due to the jitters in the Kelburne defence. 

Kelburne?s press was working well letting the Kelurne side win the ball high up the pitch but due to miscommunication and poor passing the vital passes were not being made. Both teams were fighting hard to break the deadlock, which ended up with a Clydesdale players picking up cards. Even though Kelburne had the man advantage they could still not create the opportunity to score. The first clear opportunity came from a great link between Matt McGinlay and Miles Goldie that ended up with Goldie winning a short corner. Unfortunately Scott Sutherlands? drag flick was denied. Just before half time Clydesdale managed to push through the Kelburne defence with a long hopeful ball that was collected by a Clydesdale forward who managed to squeeze it by Fergus Barrows. 

Half time 1-0

Kelburne started the half strong giving it all they had to equalise. They were starting to make more chances but nothing that the Clydesdale keeper couldn?t handle. With more balls being picked up by Fraser Hutchison and Fraser Scott the Kelburne side was building in confidence. The game started to become more of a battle with members from both teams receiving cards. A short corner won by Andrew Duff gave Kelburne a great opportunity to grab an equaliser. The Clydesdale keeper saved the first shot from Adam McInnes but Fraser Hutchison managed to pick up on the rebound and slip it into the net. Clydesdale fought back but due to great saves from Barrows there efforts were denied. The full whistle blew and running penalties a waited.

Full time 1-1 

Clydesdale went first and the attacker ran wide to the left and tried to strike the ball on his reverse that Barrows managed to clear with ease.

Scott Sutherland stepped up to take Kelburne?s first penalty. He managed to round the keeper and place the ball nicely into the bottom corner.

0-1  Kelburne

Clydesdale's second attempt was brought closer to the goal and the attacker managed to catch Barrows off balance and slip the ball into the goal.

Matt McGinlay took Kelburne?s second where he managed to take the keeper to the left then sliding the ball into the right hand side of the goal.

1-2 Kelburne 

Ex-Kelburne player Jack Jamieson stepped up for Clydesdales third. He attacked with pace but gave Barrows too much room to slide in and clear the ball.

JG Shepherd managed to dummy the keeper but unluckily his shot went wide of the post.

1-2 Kelburne

The Clydesdale attacker ran into the left side of the D where Fergus came rushing out to clear the ball with great strength.

Fraser Scott stood up to what could be the winning penalty. Fraser managed to move the keeper about creating space for him to slot it in to the bottom left corner winning the district Cup Final. 

A well deserved win, which caps a fantastic season for the 2nd team.