Men's 2s Hit Double Figures Again

Kelburne Men II: 13
ESM Men II: 0

Kelburne came into this fixture off a run of games that had seen them score freely in their last four outings. ESM had made a good account of themselves against the reigning champions in the first game of the season so the scene was set for an interesting game. The game became even more interesting with the staggering stroll and dilated pupils of 'burne defender Stuart Robin. Robin had either caught the devastating swine flu or had spent Friday night enjoying a few too many Martini's.

The game started very open with chances at both ends. Kelburne opened the scoring after  this spell with a trademark drag flick from Josh 'Big Gun' Cairns. This seemed to open the flood gates and with only 10 minutes on the clock Kelburne were 3 goals to the good, all from the blade of Cairns lethal drag flick.
Not to feel outdone, old timers Colin 'Bomber' Bryce (1) and Gordon 'Beast' Menzies (3) then decided to pitch in with 4 goals to see the 'burne blast 7-0 ahead.
Kelburne were at this point playing some of their most fluent hockey of the season and were hungry for more. The next came from the stick of Martin Shaw after a comedy of errors at the heart of the ESM defence, Shaw found himself infront of the ESM keeper who inevitably had to pick the ball from his goal for the eighth time in the first half.
A further goal from 'Big Gun' Cairns made for easy reading as Kelburne headed for half time leading 9-0.

The second half saw a more complacent Kelburne who failed to reach the heady heights of the first half and struggled to maintain their fluency. However 3 further penalty conversions from Menzies had the match heading for a 12-0 win until Ed 'The Assassin' Greaves popped up at the back post after a Menzies pass to poke the ball past the ESM Keeper. Martin Shaw, in seeing this thought to himself that he wanted a piece of the action and dived to try and make the final touch however the dubious goals panel, working late into the night, made the final decision that the goal would go to Greaves.

Kelburne finished happy and march onto Titwood next week looking to finish the first half of the seaon where they belong, at the top of the tree.