1's Stretch Advantage

The Men's 1st team were back in action on Sunday at Bellahouston as they faced off against Hillhead in a fixture left over from the first half of the season and were able to come away with a convincing 11-1 win from the fixture.

'Burne took a mere 30 seconds to open the scoring when a cross from the right hand side was deflected in by ace marksman Johnny Christie. 'Burne showed little signs of rustiness in the first half as Hillhead were completely blown away by the whirlwind Kelburne attack. Kelburne led 9-0 at the interval with goals coming from Alan Forsyth (3), Kenny Bain, Iain Scholefield, 2 penalties from Josh Cairns and a second goal from Johnny Christie.
'Burne took their foot of the gas in the second period and were only able to add a further 2 goals in the second half, with the goals coming from Michael Christie and his brother Johnny was able to complete his hat trick. A defensive mix up allowed Hillhead in for a late consolation. 
The victory leaves the team 4 points clear and still with another game in hand on thier rivals.
In indoor action on Saturday, burne were able to put in their now customary jekyll and hyde performance when they easily disposed of Harris 15-0 in the first game, before somehow managing to lose 6-3 to Grange, having controlled the majority of the game.
Willie Marshall and Michael Bremner returned to the line up, with Gordon McIntyre missing out this week

Kelburne went into the first game against Harris Academy feeling very confident from the win against Hillhead the week before.

Kelburne started the game on a high when after 4 minutes Josh Cairns put the ball in the back of the net to open up the scoring for the 'burne after a run down the right side of the pitch.

Kelburne continued to score at will throughout the first half, despite losing the influential Ross Stott to an ankle injury. William Marshall scored his first of many in the game. Ian Scholefield was the next person to score a minute later after showing some great skill to beat 3 defenders and then placed the ball calmly in the corner of the goal. Josh Cairns then took his opportunity to score is 2nd of the match and Kelburne?s 4th of the day. Marshall then showed his indoor talents by adding 3 further goals taking the score to 7-0 at half time.

There was no sign of Kelburne letting up in the second half. A couple of minutes after the start of the half and Harris conceded a penalty short corner which Cairns calmly slotted into the top corner leaving the keeper helpless. Kelburne continued to dominate in the second half as Michael Nicol, Marshall, Cairns and Michael Bremner added further goals in quick succession. Iain Scholefield was also able to get in on the act before Marshall and Cairns added their 6th and 5th goals of the game to bring the tally to 15. 

Kelburne continued to struggle against their bogey team Grange in the second game of the day as they lost 6-3.

Kelburne started off well scoring in the first minute through Michael Bremner after he ran past a defender and put the ball past the keeper at his front post. Kelburne were getting more and more frustrated as the game went on as they had a few chances to go increase thier lead but were unable to convert. Grange were then able to convert a short corner to bring the scores level at half time.

Kelburne scored quickly in the second half  after Grange gave away a short corner which Josh Cairns calmly put away to bring the score to 2-1. Minutes after this Josh got a chance to score his 2nd of the match which he took after the ball hit a Grange player?s foot on the line. Burne then proceeded to lose 5 goals in as many minutes as Grange staged a fine comeback to win the game 6-3                                                                                                                                                                    

A disapointing end to the day and Burne will be hoping for 2 victories this weekend against Harris and Hillhead.