1's Indoor finishes in bizarre style.

The Men's 1st team arrived in Perth to conclude thier indoor campaign already up against it. With an International training session planned for the same day, burne were down to the bare minumum 6 players for thier games against Hillhead and Harris, one of which was indoor captain Chris Nelson, who had climbed from his sick bed to lead the team into battle.

With Hillhead still battling to avoid the drop, they were keen to secure thier safety against 'the burne' and despite Josh Cairns opening the scoring Hillhead hit back and scored 4 unanswered goals. Burne were able to compose themselves and were able to pull level by half time with goals from Michael Bremner, Iain Scholefield and Cairns with his second.
Burne started the second half well and the ever reliable Cairns completed his hat trick to put Kelburne 5-4 up. Disaster then struck as for the second week, they lost a player to an ankle injury. This week Iain Schofield turned awkwardly and was forced to leave the field of play. With no subs on the bench the team were left with no choice but to continue with 5 players.
Burne had a couple of chances to settle the game but were unable to convert and Hillhead were eventually able to make their numerical advantage and scored two late goals to steal victory.
Burne lined up for their second game with only 5 players. Scholefield was unable to recover from his earlier injury and sat out the game. League whipping boys Harris, who themselves had 10 players sensed that they may be able to pull off a victory against the battered side.
Kelburne marshalled by indoor veterans Nelson and Fulton were able to set a solid defence which Harris struggled to penetrate and were content to look to hit on the break. This proved fruitful as Cairns again opened the scoring midway through the half. For a 5 minute spell Harris were able to take advantage of their extra player and were able to establish a 3-1 lead. Cairns was again able to pull a goal back to make it 3-2 at half time.
Chris Nelson ran the full length of the pitch to equalise at the start of the second half but with 8 minutes left burne again found themselves up against it and 5-3 down. What followed in the next 7 minutes was a fine example of grit and determination by all of the players as they somehow managed to score 6 unanswered goals through Cairns, Iain Horsefield, and Michael Bremner (4), to leave Harris shellshocked. Harris managed to grab a late consolation, but burne were not to be denied a great victory.
A campaign which promised much, resulted in Kelburne finishing 6th. Burne now look forward to returning outdoors at the end of February.