Christie puts Men's 1's on the brink

The men's first XI travelled to Meadowmill for an early start against Inverleith knowing that another victory would put them within touching distance of a 6th league title in a row. Burne welcomed back Kenny Bain from suspension but were still without the injured David Forsyth and Ross Stott.

Burne started slowly and a scrappy game looked to be on the cards. Inverleith had an early chance to take the lead when international Stephen Dick was fouled in the D, however Chris Reid hit the bar with the resulting penalty flick. This seemed to spur burne on and following good pressure from Michael Bremner, Johnny Christie was able to continue his recent hot streak in front of goal, with a low shot which beat the Inverleith Goalkeeper. 
Burne were unable to find thier usual rhythm and were pegged back when they were unable to cut out a cross from the left and Inverleith were able to grab an equaliser.
Following some strong words from coach Derek Forsyth at half time, Burne started the 2nd half strongly and were unlucky not to take the lead on more then one occasion. They were to take the lead midway through the half when Michael Christie was able to follow up a shot from Chris Nelson and slot home the rebound.

Inverleith were not out of the game yet and again pulled level when following a quick free hit and save from Mark Fulton, the Inverleith forward was able to slam home the rebound for 2-2.

Bunre then stepped up the tempo of thier attacks and were rewarded with 2 quick fire goals to all but seal the game. First Johnny Christie was on hand to grab his second of the game, following good work from Gordon McIntyre and then Kenny Bain was able to fire home from close range following good work from his strike partners Christie and Alan Forsyth.
As the game drew to a close Kelburne's discipline slipped slightly and they found themselves down to 9 men following yellow cards for Bain and Josh Cairns, however good work from the Christie brothers deep in the Inverleith half ensured that burne continued to retain possession. In a frantic finish Inverleith were awarded another penalty, this time Fulton was up to the challenge to pull off a fine stop low to his right.
Burne are now just 1 victory away from the title and will be looking to wrap things up when they face Menzieshill in Dundee next Saturday.