Mens 2s Stumble Past Impressive Hillhead

Kelburne Mens 2s: 5
Hillhead Mens 2s : 3

Saturday the 9th October

Kelburne invited Hillhead to the Belladrome for their 4th Game of the Season.  In recent years Hillhead have been Kelburne's bogey team and with their reasonably good start to the season the Burne knew this would not be an easy game.

The game started with a reasonable tempo both teams having equal possession.  Hillhead got the breakthrough midway through the first half after some sloppy defending allowing the Hillhead striker to run along the baseline cutting the ball back to be slotted past keeper Robbo (Mark Robertson).  Towards the end of the half Kelburne got the equalizer after a neat turn in the 'D' by Jonny Christie.

Kelburne got off to a better start in the second half scoring two quick goals.  Both goals scored after simple quick passing moves with Josh and Jonny scoring.  Kelburne soon let there lead slip back to one after giving away a cheap short corner in which Hillhead striker scored a dragflick in the top right hand corner.
In what could have been a turning point in the game mid way through the second half, young Harry Godfery received a harsh green card given by rookie umpire Chris MacNulty for a stick tackle.
In the 2 minutes Harry was off Hillhead scored again through some more sloppy defending by the home team, allowing the opposition striker to turn inside the 'D' and slot the ball past the keeper.
Kelburne then upped their game putting a full press on the opposition.  In doing so the Burne won a short corner which they converted, beast scoring a rebound from a Josh Cairns drag flick.
Kelburne then added another working the ball down the left hand side which ended in an easy tap in for youngster Ed Greaves (above).

My man of the match for his superb performance in marshalling the team was Fraser Hutchison, who was an inspiration to all around him.

Next game for Kelburne is new arrivals to the League Carnagie away from home.  Should be an interesting test for the Burne.