Men's 1's make up lost ground

Men's 1: 2

Grange: 1
Kelburne travelled to Peffermill to face current league leaders Grange in the first in a series of catch up games which the team faces in the coming weeks. The team was in good spirits following their demolition of Aberdeen in the cup the previous day and were boosted by the return of Ross McIntyre from injury and the addition of Craig Morton to provide coach Ralph with more depth.
Grange started the game in characteristic fashion and were content to sit in and look to hit Kelburne on the break. This allowed the burne midfield time and space on the ball to play themselves into the game. Burne were starting to dictate proceedings and were getting alot of joy down their right flank with Mikey Bremner in impressive form with several over lapping runs.
Kelburne took the lead after 15 minutes when a long ball from Bremner picked out 15 year old Lee Morton on the baseline, Morton was able to trick his way along the baseline before laying the ball into the path of Gareth Hall, who swept the ball past the Grange goalkeeper to bring his tally for the season to 9.
Burne continued to dominate possession and were rewarded with a second goal from Michael Christie. A move involving Hall and Ross McIntyre led to the ball arriving at the stick of Christie and he was able to fire the ball home from close range. Mark Ralph had a further chance to increase the lead but he was inches wide from a set piece.

Grange began to reassert themselves into the contest and were offered a lifeline when they were awarded a penalty following an illegal challenge by Iain Scholefield. Schoifield's indiscretion was not to prove costly however, as Mark Fulton in goal was able to turn the resulting flick over the bar. Fulton was again called upon on the half time whistle with a fine save from a Grange short corner.

The second half was not too dissimilar to the first although Grange were looking to commit more bodies forward in an effort to rescue something from the game. This allowed Kelburne some opportunities on the break but they were unable to capitalise on these. Grange were applying some pressure although they were struggling to create any clear cut chances with the back line and Fulton comfortably dealing with anything thrown at them.

Grange grabbed a lifeline 8 minutes from time when following a poor turnover the ball found a Grange forward unmarked in the D and he was able to turn the ball past Fulton to add some tension to the finish. However, Kelburne did not panic and were unlucky not to seal the game with a 3rd goal as the clock ticked down.
A great result for the depleted squad and coach Ralph will be looking for more of the same this weekend as they face Grange at Bellahouston on Saturday at 13.30 before travelling to Auchenhowie to face Western at 13.00 on Sunday.