Ladies 3rd XI win again

Final score:  Kelburne III's  4 Vs 1   GHK II's    
Kelburne Ladies III's vs GHK II's - Kelburne's winning streak continues.

A strong squad of Kelburne Ladies took to the pitch at Bellahouston against the league leaders, GHK II's, in wet and blustery conditions.  Kelburne got into their stride fairly quickly setting the tone for the match to come.  Strong play from the midfield with the Berry sisters (Drew and Ellise) putting together some nice passes to put the young but experienced GHK team under early pressure.  The Kelburne midfield dominated throughout this match with Rachael Ewing weaving through a stream of GHK players from midfield into the D to have 2 shots on goal in quick succession forcing the keeper to make some early saves.Vicky Black forced another save before Kelburne won their first of many short corners and were unfortunate when the ball hit the post. More slick passing from Jen Owen pushing forward into midfield saw Rachael E pick up the ball and push into the D to slot the ball into the net for Kelburne's first goal of the afternoon.  GHK fought back earning a short corner and although the rebound found the back of the net it was disallowed for being hit from outwith the D.  A period of end to end play saw Rachael E send a flying shot from midfield which Emma Ryan caught on her stick and was unlucky to loose it close to the D in a strong tackle. In a spell of slack defending the Kelburne ladies were lucky not to concede the equaliser but strong words of encouragement from their captain Jen saw the girls step up the pace again and were rewarded when Rachael E's reverse hit landed in the net to increase the Kelburne lead.  Katie Bogan put up a good performance on the left to keep the GHK midfield at bay.  Drew Berry held firm in midfield despite being the target of some strong tackling from the GHK captain unfortunately the tussles resulted in a GHK short corner from which they scored just before the half-time whistle.

Half-time:  Kelburne III's 2
                GHK II's        1

The second half saw deteriorating weather and increased frustration from the GHK players as they failed to stem the Kelburne flow of play into their half.  Early shots on goal in this half came from Christine McCrimmon (short corner) and Emma Ryan and they were both unlucky not to increase the Kelburne lead.  The midfield tustles continued resulting in a yellow card and 5 minutes on the sidelines  for GHK's Kathryn Kerr.

Kelburne continued to dominate with some nice passing from midfield to the front line.  Good marking from the Kelburne defence frustrated the GHK forwards and prevented them taking advantage of any advances from their midfield.  The Kelburne midfield continued to dominate pushing GHK back with Christine showing off her skill and experience to get on the end of a pass from Rachael and narrowly shooting wide followed by a precision pass to Vicky who was unlucky not to score but won a short corner which failed to find the net.  Emma Ryan and Emma Ormond linked nicely down the left and passed into Rachael who pushed the ball forward for the advancing Christine who was unlucky not to make her shot count. Another short corner saw Christine in action again but it wasnt to be her lucky day on the scoring front as she saw her attempt fly over the bar.  Emma R dribbled past several GHK players to be stopped in her tracks by a heftly tackle, the resulting short corner saw Rachael's shot soar over the goal.  The Kelburne girls didn't give up and continued to pressurise with Emma R seeing another attempt go just wide, shortly after Emma's efforts were rewarded when she made a solo effort from the left and dribbled into the D, the excited Kelburne support were delighted to see her shot hit the back of the net. In the dying minutes the Kelburne girls stamped their authority on the game with Drew Berry picking up the ball in midfield, sending it forward to Rachael E who found Ellise Berry waiting on the post to tap the ball into the GHK net.

Final score:  Kelburne III's - 4
                  GHK II's         -1

Well done girls, a convincing victory against strong opposition.

Many thanks to Frank Morgan and Barry Carmichael for umpiring.