Glynhill Kelburne Maul the Wildcats

Western 0 Glynhill Kelburne 5  

There was a delay in the start of this classic rivalry match between Glynhill Kelburne and Western Wildcats. An action packed game which needed a victory for Kelburne to put them back at the top of the league.

It took just 3 minutes to get a corner awarded to Kelburne for a foot in the D but the push out from Michael Christie bounced due to the surface and caused a miss-trap. This resulted in Western on the break however there was no outcome for Western. Kelburne continued to dominate and but were not clinical enough to find any short corners or goals. 15 minutes into the game Western charged down the pitch and had a shot on goal which was well saved by Mark Fulton, who has now got two clean sheets under his belt this season. John Christie had two further attempts at the goal and was looking most likely to score by half time. 

Kelburne were reduced to 10 men after a debatable green card for Jack McAllister for his stick above shoulder height. Despite being down to ten men for a period of time Kelburne still made chances and finally converted one of their attempts through Johnnie Christie. The momentum continued and Kelburne were now playing more like their usual selves when Alan Forsyth hit the post just before halftime. 

Half time: Western 0    Glynhill Kelburne 1

Second half started with Western having a shot which went wide of goal. Then Kelburne camped outside the Western goal. A cross from Michael Christie and a fantastic reverse stick by Alan Forsyth made it 2-0. 

10 minutes into the second half Mark Ralph got a green card for a foul. Then straight after this there was another green card   for Kelburne this time for Alan Forsyth. Kelburne were down to 9 men. Western were looking to take advantage of this reduced number but Kelburne focussed and took control so that no goal was conceded.

Johnnie Christie scored goal number 3 and it now looked convincing that Kelburne would have the victory. Western had a short corner awarded and then a second, both were saved by keeper Mark Fulton. Alan Forsyth hit the ball to Ben Peterson who was in the top D made it 4 with a hard reverse shot. Then following this Michael Christie crossed the ball to Ed Greaves who was on the back post and he slid in and deflected with a reverse. Willie Marshall received a yellow card in the final minutes.  The game ended with a short corner for Western but still no score for them.

Full Time: Western 0 Kelburne 5

Next game is against Hillhead 1s at Bellahouston on Saturday 24th November 2012

Match Report Ed Greaves