Thomsons Cycles Kelburne 2nd XI secure win

Thomsons Cycles Kelburne 2nd XI 3 - 1 Stirling Uni 1st XI

Originally set for a home fixture, the game was moved to Stirling Uni due to a congested Glasgow Green. Kelburne were looking for their first victory of the season after a disappointing defeat away to Hillhead.

Kelburne started the game without veteran midfielder Ewan Carmichael due an injured hamstring however welcomed back Captain Fraser Hutchison and experienced defender Craig Morton from injury.

From the offset it was clear that Kelburne meant business. The burne comfortably had the majority of posession but were finding it difficult to break down the half court press of the Uni team. The break through came midway through the half. After an initial shot from Andrew Bremner. Edd Greaves managed to scramble the ball over the line to give the burne the lead.
The half continued with kelburne having about 75% posession but unable to add to their tally.
Before the end of the half a few cards began being produced due to the kelburne players beginning to question some of the umpires controversial decisions.

The second half began much the same as the first with the Uni having very few chances, however A daft challenge from the burne captain giving away a short corner and also receiving a yellow card, lead to the Uni equalizer. The straight strike was saved by barrows however kelburne failed to clear their lines in time for the rebound shot.
Kelburne changed their press to full to try and win the ball further up the park which worked quite effectively however still struggled to re take the lead.
A number of cards followed for Morton and Duff for back chat and Greaves for taking the ball out the air a millimeter above his shoulder.
Once back up to full strength Kelburne eventually managed retake the lead. The burne won the ball inside the opposition half and made their way into the circle. Morton received the pass around penalty spot but was illeaglly denied a goal scoring opportunity. PF kelburne. Fabian Goldie took responsibility and calmly slotted the ball home top left leaving the keeper with no chance.
Kelburne continued with their full press, and as a result won a PC. The original effort was saved by the keeper however Michael Nicol retrieved the rebound and smashed the ball home.

Final score Stirling Uni 1 - 3 Kelburne 2s.

Kelburne 2s play again this Saturday away to Grange 3s.