Men's 1's continue unbeaten run

Bromac Kelburne       5

Inverleith                     2

This week the Bromac Kelburne?s men?s 1st XI travelled through to Peffermill sports pitches to play the Edinburgh side Inverleith, hoping to extend their unbeaten streak in the league this season. With windy conditions both teams took to the field, with Kelburne starting well passing the ball round the back and creating several early chances, however unable to convert them to score that important first goal. 

Inverleith started to retain possession of the ball and a well worked play down the left hand side of the pitch was rewarded with a Penalty short corner. Ben Rennie the Kelburne goal keeper managed to get a foot to the ball but deflected the ball into the body of the post man, therefore a penalty flick was awarded to the home team, which they put in the back of the net to score the first goal of the game. 

Inverleith?s lead was short lived as almost instantly after several short, sharp passes between the Kelburne midfield and forwards tore apart the defence, leaving Christopher Nelson the Ex Scotland captain at the top of the D unmarked with the ball, who calmly slotted it into the bottom corner of the goal, bringing the team?s level. 

Kelburne continued pressuring the home team and their efforts were rewarded with two goals in quick succession. The first goal was from a penalty short corner, with Douglas Simpson scoring a drag flick from the top of the area, placing Kelburne in front for the first time in the game. The latter goal came from Ross McIntyre, while on the turn let loose an unstoppable shot into the top corner of the goal, extending Kelburne?s lead to 3-1. The rest of the first half was pretty even with both sides had chances but the score remained 3-1 until the last minute when a mishap from the Kelburne defence provided Inverleith with a cheap goal.

 The second half started with Kelburne putting pressure on the Inverleith defence however unable to increase their lead any further. Throughout the second half Inverleith had their chances and with good build up play managed to gain several short corners but were unable to convert them. 

As the game developed Kelburne started to create several chances and finally scored their 4th of the match to secure the three points. The Inverleith keeper came off his line to meet Douglas Simpson who calmly slotted the ball past the keeper where Jack McKenzie was waiting to put the ball in the goal for the visitors. With the last play before the whistle below for full time Kelburne were awarded a short corner. Kelburne were keen to secure another goal, which lead to a number of consecutive of short corners on the full time whistle. On the third short corner lee Morton managed to sweep the ball past the diving keeper to conclude the game at 5-2.

This win puts Kelbunre  in good stead for their next game against arch rivals Western Wildcats at Auchenhowie next Saturday.